Introduction of Lutein:
Lutein belongs to the xanthophyll family of carotenoids, which can be found in plants and vegetables such as corn and marigold. The purified crystalline form of lutein has been generally recognized safe for supplementation into foods and beverages. They cannot be synthesized in human body and must come from the diet. Dietary concentrations between 6 and 20 mg per day of lutein have been associated with a reduced risk of ocular disorders such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
Information of Lutein:
Tagetes erecta plant L.
Marigold P.E./ Marigold Extract
5%-90% Lutein HPLC
Orange yellow Fine Powder
Lutein can be used for food coloring; can also be added to poultry feed, the avian egg yellow yellow increase
Lutein protect the eyes
25kg/drum; 1kg/foil bag; double plastic bag inside, aluminum foil bag or fiber drum outside.
Store in a well-closed container away from moisture and light.
2 years if sealed and stored properly.
Main Function of Lutein:
1. Lutein promoting the healthy of eye and skin through reducing the risk of macular degeneration, supporting normal eye functions and protecting the retina by blocking harmful blue light.
2. Eliminating free-radicals,protecting human body from harm,improve immunity, protecting skin from the harmful solar ray.
3. Preventing cardiopathy and cancer.
4. Resisting arteriosclerosis.
Application of Lutein:
1. Applied in food field, Lutein is mainly used as food additives for colorant and nutrient.
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used in vision care products to alleviate visual fatigue, reduce incidence of AMD, retinitispigmentosa (RP), cataract, retinopathy, myopia, floaters, and glaucoma.
3. Applied in cosmetics, it is mainly used to whitening, anti-wrinkle and UV protection.
4. Applied in feed additive, it is mainly used in feed additive for laying hens and table poultry to improve the color of egg yolk and chicken. Make high commercial value fishes more attactive, such as salmon, trout and spectacular fish.